Chili Cheese Crostini with a Coriander & Cashew Chutney
- Cheese Toasts
- 1 1/2 cup CheeseLove mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 French baguette
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup green capsicum, finely cubed
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon green chilli, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoons chilli flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Salt to taste
- Coriander Chutney
- 1 cup coriander leaves & stems
- 1/4 cup onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- green chilli
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cashew nuts
Slice baguette & toast both sides lightly. Prepare a garlic butter spread by mixing chilli flakes, oregano, minced garlic, black pepper & a pinch of salt with the room temperature butter.
Combine the mozzarella, green capsicum, green chilli, milk, a few pinches of salt and combine well. Add onto the side with the butter spread and allow cheese to melt in the oven at 180 degrees Celcius for 5 minutes or until completely melted.
For the coriander chutney, combine all ingredients in a food processor until smooth, chutney can be stored for up to 3 days in the fridge.
To serve spoon a small amount on top of warm cheese toasts, garnish with chopped coriander & serve.